Reach your arms up to the sky…root your feet into the earth…take a deep breathe in…
We hear these cues in the studio yoga but it would help if we were surrounded by sky, earth and fresh air! There are great benefits to stepping off the mat and taking your yoga practice outdoors.
Green exercise or activity in the presence of nature…
- Improves self-esteem and mood by increasing serotonin
- Revitalizes us and makes us feel more alive
- Improves focus
- Lowers risk of obesity
- Increases exercise frequency
- Is the best way to get a daily dose of Vitamin D
- Increases oxygen uptake for improved metabolism
Hiking Yoga adds in the cardio of hiking to create the best recipe for a healthy happy YOU!